• sliced tomatoes
• sliced fresh mozzarella
• fresh basil, either chopped or cut into pieces with scissors ( I prefer using scissors because they don’t “bruise” the basil as much as chopping sometimes does.)
• really good extra virgin olive oil
• really good balsamic vinegar (optional)
• salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• Sprinkle salt and pepper on the sliced tomatoes.
• Pour a little bit of the extra virgin olive oil and a tad of the balsamic vinegar on each slice.
• Add the chopped basil.
• Top each tomato slice with a slice of mozzarella.