Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Flower Garden in July...Yes, July...

Looking back through my blog, I realized I had posted photos of my Kitchen Garden in July, but had never posted my Flower Garden photos.


 July was a happy month for the birds. The three birdhouses on the shed were a constant rotation of families of baby birds. Their little chirps filled the air every day and I enjoyed listening to them in the mornings while watching from the back porch. The mommy birds would feed their babies just about the time I was having my coffee. The garden was full of grown-up birds, too. Then around August it was silence. Or at least silence in comparison to before. They all flew the coop, so to speak. They were done their nesting and I felt kinda lonely and missed them all.

Highlights of the July garden: Shasta Daisies...



Purple Coneflowers...



The Raspberry Monarda was still blooming in the beginning of the month...



 White David Phlox...



And the pink Roses were still blooming...


Mr. Bunny says now I have to post my August pictures. Maybe I’ll get to that...sometime in September.



No comments:

Post a Comment