Saturday, February 23, 2013

It’s Going to be Brilliant!

 

The Philadelphia Flower Show starts next weekend and you better believe I’ll be checking it out, as usual. It’s called “Brilliant!” because the theme this year is England. (Brian’s mom is from England, so she’s pretty excited about it.) It’s always interesting to see what the exhibitors do with the theme. Some of the major exhibitors I’ll be looking forward to checking out will be Michael Petrie’s Handmade Gardens (the man responsible for Styer’s innovative displays several years ago), Stoney Bank Nurseries, and Robertson’s Fowers who always do a great job. I also look forward to seeing what the Philadelphia Society of Botanical Illustrators has on display this year.

My mom and I always go to the show together and are pretty exhausted by the time we reach the vendor area, so I like to make a short list of vendors I plan to hit. On this year’s list: Jerry Fritz’s Linden Hill Gardens (for unusual plants - I hope to visit this garden at some point this year), Triple Oaks Nursery and Herb Garden (another place I have yet to go to, but want to check out this year), Twig Terrariums (terrarium supplies and miniatures to decorate them), La Contessa (nature-inspired jewelry), and ArizonaEast (cactus and succulents).

I am gosh-darn lucky to live so close to where the largest indoor flower show in the world is held. It’s one of the many things I love about Philadelphia. Every year I end up wishing I could play hooky from work one day just to go back and see everything I didn’t get a chance to see the first time, attend some of the lectures, and visit more of the vendors. I’m sure I will feel that way again. One of these years I should just take that day off from work! (Shhh, don’t tell my boss.)

No comments:

Post a Comment