Saturday, February 23, 2013

Visitors on a Rainy Day

I spotted some visitors in the back yard on this rainy Saturday morning. I’m no ornithologist – but to me these look like just your average, run-of-the-mill blackbirds or crows. I see a flock in the back yard every year, but I’m thinking I don’t usually see them until late March or early April. The one time that they came, I was in the back yard prepping the garden for spring. I was crouched down looking at what I was doing and all of sudden I heard all of this fluttering. I looked up and I was surrounded by all of these black birds and they didn’t seem to care that I was there. It was like a scene from one of my favorite Alfred Hitchcock movies, “The Birds.” I wonder if seeing them now is a sign that another early spring is on its way.



No comments:

Post a Comment