Saturday, April 5, 2014

Scratch and Sniff This Blog Post

I seriously wish you could scratch and sniff this photo of my Meyer Lemon blooming in the greenhouse.



The entire greenhouse smells like this Meyer Lemon plant. It is this sweet, slightly spicy smell that is almost vanilla-like, I guess. That doesn’t do it justice, it smells incredible. I have never seen this many flowers on it before. Does this mean I will get more than one lemon this year? Oh boy, I really hope so.


The interesting thing is, I have kind of neglected this plant the last few years. I repotted it a few years ago and every now and then I add more potting soil, but other than that, that’s it. Although, I have used a diluted fertilizer on it recently, now that I think about it. I have done that with most of the plants in my greenhouse the last two or three weeks.


Worth noting is my pitcher plants are starting to bloom. You can see some of the buds in the photo above. Here is one that is starting to open...


My carnivorous pitcher plants have become one of my favorite plants in recent years. They really are fascinating.

This tropical is looking particularly lovely in the morning sunlight this morning. I really wish I could remember the name of it right now. I am sure it will come to me later.


Next to it is this small sedum which I repotted last year and it has done really well.


I couldn’t resist taking a photo of these succulents, too, since they are looking nice and healthy.


It is supposed to be a nice weekend and I have a laundry-list of things I want to get done, from clearing out flower beds, to pruning roses and butterfly bushes, to planting up seed flats, and more. However, I have homework to do for my evening web design class first. Better get to it so I can go outside and enjoy the sunshine. Yes, sunshine, at last!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment