Saturday, September 13, 2014

Recipe from the Garden: Cheese and Herb Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

I have mentioned before that I am a bit of a cheese freak. I am always looking for ways to add cheese to my meal. And I am always looking for ways to add fresh herbs, too. That’s where my Cheese and Herb Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers comes into the picture. This recipe is similar to my Hot Peppers Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Herbs recipe I posted in August of last year.

I had plenty of fresh herbs in the garden and I had cream cheese, ricotta, and goat cheese in the fridge, so I did little experiment. Two peppers are stuffed with cream cheese, two with ricotta, and two with goat. I added salt and fresh ground pepper, along with the fresh, chopped herbs – I just used whatever I had in the garden: Sweet Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme, Chive, Garlic Chives, and Parsley. I had broiled the sweet peppers for a few minutes per side just to soften them up and give them a bit of a roasted flavor.


I like the mini peppers because you can grill them, roast them, broil them, chop them up plain in a salad, or stuff them like this for a little, tasty bite. I’ve been growing Tweety Sweet Peppers this year, however, I haven’t gotten that many. These came from a farm market.


No comments:

Post a Comment