Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April

This is a magical time of year when the trees are bursting with color and perennials are growing at an astonishing rate. It’s amazing to me the differences in the garden just from last weekend to this weekend. This is what the flower garden looked like last weekend...

The flower garden a week ago.

This is what it looks like this weekend. So much more green stuff showing.

The flower garden now.

I love when I catch the Epimedium Rubrum blooming. It doesn’t seem to last very long, but those dainty little flowers never fail to bring a smile to my face.

Epimedium Rubrum

The Bridal Queen Hellebore is still partying it up, although a bluebell decided to join in the fun now.

Bridal Queen Hellebore and bluebells.

The bleeding hearts by the greenhouse seemed to have shot up and bloomed practically overnight. (Yes, that’s a broken pain of greenhouse glass. That’s what happens when you mix Brian, a lawnmower and a stone. No offense Brian, could’ve happened to anyone.)

Bleeding Heart.

Bleeding Heart.

The hostas also seemed to have pop up overnight. These are below the wisteria tree, which has buds.

Hostas and Wisteria tree.

It’s such an exciting time of year for us gardeners. I don’t think I’m alone when I say it gives me a rush to see everything growing. Or maybe I’m just a big garden geek. Yeh, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment