Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Guest Blog Post for Morris Arboretum – Eye Spy: 6 Birds to Spot at the Arboretum Now

My most recent guest blog post for Morris Arboretum is about birds that you can see there at this time of the year. It’s called “Eye Spy: 6 Birds to Spot at the Arboretum Now.” I had fun “researching” for this one. I am not an expert birder by any means, but I am an enthusiastic amateur. I watch the birds in my own yard all the time. This year I moved both my hummingbird feeder and finch sock close to the back porch so that I could get a better look at my visiting feathered friends. It’s been fun watching. Take a peak of what I saw over the last month or so...

Here are several female goldfinches and one lonely (or not so lonely!) male at my finch sock.


I had regular visits from both a male and female hummingbird. This is a male Ruby-throated Hummingbird at my feeder.


This small video shows the hummingbird and goldfinches having a picnic together.


So be sure to check out my blog post for the Morris Arboretum about birds: “Eye Spy: 6 Birds to Spot at the Arboretum Now.”


No comments:

Post a Comment