Thursday, September 17, 2015

My 4th Guest Blog Post for Morris Arboretum – 10 Tips Every Visitor Should Know

My latest contribution to Morris Arboretum’s blog, “10 Tips Every Visitor Should Know Before You Go,” is a list of things to bring when you are setting out for a visit to the arboretum. I like to plan ahead when I visit since I tend to be there for 2 1/2 - 3 hours walking around!

Below are some photos that I took when I visited the arboretum last weekend.

Morris Arboretum has some really interesting self-guided tours that you can download from their website. I was recently reading the Sculpture Tour. This is American Bull, which has always been one of my favorites. 


A recent addition to the sculptures is A Waltz In The Woods, a group of 30 feet high stick creations. I love these because they look like they are being blown by the wind and could topple over at any moment. 


I can’t seem to resist a visit to the Rose Garden every time I go. There’s more than just roses here.


Love this Nicotiana (flowering tobacco) in the Rose Garden. I couldn’t find a marker to identify this particular one, however, I do believe this is called Only The Lonely. It is one I have been wanting to plant in my own garden.


Fall is on its way – you can tell from the grasses and sedum that are in bloom here.


So check out my post on “10 Tips Every Visitor Should Know” and consider a visit to the arboretum!

No comments:

Post a Comment