Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Snowy Squirrel

Seems like every time I look out the window on this snowy day I see more creatures flying and running about. The wisteria seems to be “the” place to be today. I’m guessing that’s because there are lots of branches to sit on and it is better than being on the snow-covered ground.

This squirrel was busy eating an acorn when I saw him through the family room window.



Oops, he spotted me.



I think he’s decided to check me out a little more closely.



Is it just me, or is he smiling at me? I think he’s posing for his “close-up.”



Aw, he really is cute, especially with little bits of snow on him. Or maybe it’s a her. He (or she) kept running down the wisteria and going behind the small wood shed that holds our trashcans, then coming out with an acorn and running back up the wisteria to eat it. His stash must be behind the trashcan shed.




I’m not usually a big fan of the squirrels since they dig little holes all over the yard and garden, as well as in my potted plants. They also occasionally end up digging up plants to hide their nuts under them. So, yeh, not really my favorite creatures to have in the garden. However, after seeing this little guy, I may have warmed up to them a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment