Thursday, January 23, 2014

More Snow

Earlier this week we got a foot of snow. With high temperatures in the 20s or lower, this snow doesn’t seem like it will melt anytime soon.

Here’s the view looking out the family room window.



Good thing I have a zoom lens and could take this picture without going outside in the freezing cold!



This was taken looking out the window on the other side of the family room. No birds in the birdhouses today, although I have to say I’ve been surprised with how many birds I’ve seen lately – sparrows, bluejays, cardinals and a woodpecker were all at the bird feeder recently.



Neither of our two cats know what to make of the half inch of snow that blew in on the screened-in back porch.



This snow and these frigid temps just remind me that I am not cut out for the cold and could never live much further north of here. When you have a high of 12 degrees with wind chills below zero, you find yourself wondering, “Do I really need to go anywhere? Or can I just stay home?” I haven’t left my house to go anywhere other than work lately...and yoga class the day before the storm. I would be a hermit never leaving my hovel if I lived where it was like this all winter long! I think I’ll go work on my plans for my veggie garden for this spring. Maybe that will make me feel warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment