Sunday, July 7, 2013

Bees a Buzzin’

The other day, as I was walking through the garden checking on how things were holding up in this heat, I was suddenly surrounded by the hum of many, many bees. I was standing on the path in the flower garden that goes under the arch. The Purple Coneflowers are on one side and the Raspberry Wine Monarda are on the other side, along with a few coneflowers. I was literally surrounded by what seemed to be at least a hundred of those black and yellow bees. No honey bees, unfortunately. Don’t see many of those anymore. I tried to get some pictures, but the bees were so busy flitting about it was a bit difficult to capture the moment. Can you spot the bees?

















With all the bees that I come across in the garden, I have never been stung by one. I mind my own business and they mind theirs and that seems to work out ok for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment