Thursday, August 8, 2013

Recipe from the Garden: Cucumber-Wasabi Gazpacho

Brian spotted this recipe on a blog about cooking and eating in Maine called From Away. We had plenty of cucumbers in the garden last weekend, so we decided to give it a try. Rather than type out the recipe, I’ll just give you this link.

Cucumber-Wasabi Gazpacho.

This cold soup is very light and refreshing on a hot day. I suggest making sure it’s nice and cold before serving. The recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of wasabi paste, but I wanted a stronger flavor so I doubled that. Don’t worry, it wasn’t too spicy. I also doubled the apple cider vinegar. Brian absolutely HATES shrimp, so instead of garnishing his with the shrimp that the recipe called for, I used chopped cucumbers and scallions. This was surprisingly filling. I think it would be best as a small cup rather than a big bowl, as an accompaniment to something else. After finishing it we thought we should’ve saved some because we have a feeling the flavors would be even better the next day. Brian thinks a good garnish would be feta, but he would probably put feta on anything. It might be worth trying, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment