Saturday, March 21, 2015

Favorite Tools: Oxo Good Grips Gardening Trowel

I was cleaning my gardening tools (which I should really do more than once a year) and it made me remember how much I love my Oxo Good Grips Gardening Trowel.


While I had to scrub to get my other tools clean, my Oxo Good Grips Gardening Trowel was clean with a quick rinse and light rub. Looking at it, you might think it is fairly new. Au contraire, I have had this trowel for as long as I can remember. I will fully admit that I don’t take great care of my tools either, and have, on occasion, been known to leave one laying about only to get rained on. Despite my neglect, this tool is still in amazing shape.

The handle curves upward and has a smooth, rounded, cushioned handle. You would think the handle would’ve broken down over time or shown more sign of wear, but it has really stood the test of time and is as comfortable to use now as it was when I first got it.

The stainless-steel blade is pointed so that it cuts into heavy soils easily. I find the serrated edges incredibly useful for cutting through thin roots, as well as for cutting open bags of potting soil or mulch.

Just to make it even more useful, there are measurements on the blade. This is great for when you are planting seeds or bulbs.


I honestly don’t think I would ever find a better gardening trowel. This is the end-all-be-all, as far as I’m concerned. I would marry it if I could. Ok, maybe not, but I would never be without it, that’s a definite.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you!! I (and a dozen others) have been using this trowel professionally for many years and there's nothing to compare with it's durability, comfort and versatility (there are many lefties out there!) OXO has once again discontinued this amazing trowel and there are none to be found anywhere---unless you have a source?!?

    ReplyDelete