Monday, March 23, 2015

My “Save the Pollinators” Website Project

I have spent the last couple of years working on a web design certificate while also working full-time. It was tough getting used to doing homework again after so many years of not having it (I won’t admit to how many). I am in my final class for my certificate. For our first project this semester, we got to choose what we wanted to do. It could be anything as long as it was responsive (meaning the design would conform to the size or your browser window or viewport, such as tablet or phone). I was so inspired by the book I have been reading, “The Xerces Society Guide – Attracting Native Pollinators: Protecting North America’s Bees and Butterflies,” and Disney Nature’s “Wings of Life” movie (which I watched either on Netflix or OnDemand), that I decided to call my project “Save the Pollinators.”


My website consists of four pages: Home, Importance of Pollinators, Presenting the Pollinators, and How You Can Help.


I am still working on the text, much of it is Greeked in right now, but you still get the general idea. Click here to check out the work in progress. I am thinking it would be pretty awesome to make this an real website some day.


No comments:

Post a Comment