Saturday, March 28, 2015

Kitchen Garden in 2014

I am not normally a meticulous record-keeper or planner when it comes to my garden, however, I am when it comes to the Kitchen Garden. I only have a few established perennials, so most of it is planted as seeds or plants each year. As I started working on my plan for this year, I realized I never updated my map and notes from last year.

Here is my map of the Kitchen Garden from last year. Red indicates what I planted as plants, blue indicates what was planted as seeds, and black is perennials.


I know that map is really hard to read, but I think if you click on it you can see it at least a little larger. Here is a copy of the notes at the bottom of the maps.

Spring notes:

Things that did well:
Red Rubin Basil, Sweet Basil, Sorrel, Garlic Chives, Bright Lights Swiss Chard, Alaska Nasturtium, Curly Parsley, Cut & Come Again Zinnias, Radishes, Pink Gomphrena, Turnips, Sugar Crunch Cucumbers, Arugula, Caesar’s Favorite, Gourmet Leaf Mix, Sunchocola Tomato, Cilantro

Things that did NOT do as well:
Sweet Tweety Pepper (got 1-2 peppers), Mariachi Pepper, Cherokee Purple Tomato (got a few late in the season, but had split on bottom), Beets, Ground Cherry (got a small plant or two), Merlot Lettuce did ok but not great, Spinach, Mammoth Dill, Love in a Mist (got a few, but not much), Artichoke

Late Summer/Fall notes:

Things that did well:  Bright Lights Swiss Chard, Alaska Nasturtium, Red Rubin Basil, Sweet Basil, Curly Parsley,  Cut & Come Again Zinnias, Spinach, Pink Gomphrena,  Kale Redbor, Joi Choi Pak Choi, Escarole

Things that did NOT do as well:
Leeks, Graffiti Cauliflower, Superdukat Dill, Sweet Tweety Pepper (got 1-2 peppers), Mariachi Pepper, Cherokee Purple Tomato (got a few late in the season, but had split on bottom), Ground Cherry (got a small plant or two), Artichoke

Now that I finally updated my notes and maps from this year, I can start mapping out for this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment