Saturday, July 21, 2012

Recipe from the Garden: Herb Butter

Herb butter is so easy, so good, and so versatile. I love it on everything from baked potatoes, to pasta, to corn on the cob. When I make herb butter I use whatever fresh herbs or dry herbs I have on hand. Right now I have two different ones in my fridge: Parisien Herb Butter and Sage Herb Butter. The Parisien Herb Butter uses Penzeys Spices Parisien Bonnes Herbes Blend (http://www.penzeys.com) and the Sage Butter uses fresh sage from my garden.

Parisian Herb Butter and Sage Herb Butter.

I don’t really measure, I just mix some chopped herbs and butter. But if you’re looking more for a “recipe,” here you go...


Herb Butter


Ingredients
• 1/2 cup of softened butter or margarine
• 1 tsp. each of fresh herbs, such as thyme, basil, parsley and/or sage*

Directions
• Mix together in a small bowl. Store in refrigerator until ready to use. Either roll up in wax paper or put it in a small plastic container. I find it’s easier to use if it’s kept in a small plastic container.

*Here are a few herb blends worth trying:
Fine Herbs: Parsley, French Tarragon, Chives, Chervil
Italian Blend: Oregano, Basil, Rosemary, Parsley
Herbes de Provence: Thyme, Basil, Oregano or Marjoram, and Sage or Rosemary
Garlic and Chive: Garlic and Chives, of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment