|Home-brewed iced tea with a lemon wedge and sprig of peppermint.|
Here’s my “recipe” for iced tea.
• Boil water (I use a 1.5L pot).
• Once water has boiled, remove from heat and put in three bags of black tea (I use decaf tea) and two bags of herbal blueberry tea.
• Let steep for an hour or so.
• Remove tea bags and pour into a pitcher (the pitcher I use is 2 quarts). Fill the rest of the pitcher with water.
• Refrigerate until ready to serve.
• When ready to serve, pour into a glass over ice, add a lemon wedge and a sprig of mint. (I mush up the mint some to release the flavor before putting it into the tea.)
• Sit on the porch and enjoy!