|Scallop and Spinach Salad with Gorgonzola|
Scallop and Spinach Salad with Gorgonzola
• large sea scallops
• pancetta or proscuitto (slices or pieces)
• crumbled gorgonzola
• baby spinach
• good balsamic vinegar
• olive oil
• herb butter (See previous post for herb butter recipe. If you don’t have herb butter, you can add some chopped fresh herbs or some dry herbs to some butter when you put the butter in the pan.)
• Melt some olive oil and herb butter in a non-stick skillet with the heat turned up to medium/high.
• Cook scallops about 3 minutes per side, depending on how thick they are and how well done you like them. Let them form a crisp surface on the outside of the scallop.
• Towards the end of cooking, add in pancetta or proscuitto and cook until crisp. (Or you can cook the pancetta or proscuitto first and set aside on a paper towel to drain and cook the scallops in the same pan.)
• Dab the scallops and pancetta or proscuitto with a paper towel. Put them on top of a bed of spinach and gorgonzola.
• Drizzle with good balsamic vinegar.