Friday, July 25, 2014

More Canning Fun: Boozy Canned Peaches

July seems to be canning month for me. I’m hooked now. I had planned to do my canned peaches last weekend, when I had also planned to do the dill pickles – but ended up not having time for either. In my previous post, I mentioned doing the dill pickles. Tuesday I did the canned peaches because it was obvious they were ripe and I didn’t want them to go bad. Yet again, I used a recipe from Marisa McClellan’s book “Food In Jars.” The recipe is called “Boozy Canned Peaches.” The ingredients are yellow peaches (obviously), water, sugar, and bourbon. I bought bourbon that wasn’t the cheapest, but also wasn’t the most expensive. I can’t wait to try these.


The only thing about Marisa’s book is that I can’t seem to find any information about how long to wait before you can open your canned goodies. Googling around, it is my best guess that these will be ready in a week or two...????

For more of Marisa’s recipes, check out her website.

P.S. No, I don’t actually grow peaches. I used “Jersey Fresh” yellow peaches from my favorite local farm market, Hunter’s


No comments:

Post a Comment