Saturday, July 19, 2014

Recipe from the Garden: Tomatoes Stuffed with Corn and Black Beans

This tomatoes stuffed with corn and black beans recipe is from Martha Stewart. It’s a great recipe to do now since both corn on the cob and tomatoes are in season. Plus, I love black beans. It also has jalapeno, cheddar cheese, scallions, and bread crumbs (I used gluten-free bread crumbs since I have celiac disease). (As I have mentioned before, I don’t have the space to grow corn on the cob, so I always get it from Hunter’s Farm Market. They have THE BEST corn.)


It says it takes under 30 minutes, but it seemed to take me longer. Maybe that’s because I was worn out from a day of yard work. I have another little “project” I’m working on...as usual.

Because I worked so hard, I thought I would reward myself with a mojito. Got plenty of mint in the garden for it. I posted my favorite mojito recipe a couple of years ago.


Tomorrow will be another day of working in the garden. It is nice actually having a free weekend to get stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment