Thursday, July 17, 2014

Recipe from the Garden: Salad with Cheese-Smothered Yellow Squash

Last night I posted about coming home from yoga class and finding goodies in the garden. Here is what I did with some of those goodies: I made up this salad.


My salad consisted of Merlot Lettuce (purple lettuce), Caesar’s Favorite Lettuce (Romaine style), Sorrel, Sunchocola Tomatoes quartered, Sugar Crunch Cucumbers sliced thin, Cherry Belle Radish seed pods (YUM!), Red Rubin Basil, Curly-leafed Parsley, some of the pickled radishes that I made a couple of weeks ago, and Yellow Squash that I quick pan-fried with a mix of cheeses on top (I used some from a bag of parmesan, romano, provolone, mozzarella). I topped it with a little extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. When I do fresh garden salads like this, I only like a little bit of dressing so it doesn’t distract from the fresh garden flavors. It was quite delicious. Actually, the pan-fried Yellow Squash with cheese alone is pretty awesome, but I also liked the addition of the greens. I think the pickled radishes are actually better on their own, though. Very tasty, but didn’t play as well with the rest of the ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment